- Celestron Trailseeker 80, angled viewing, without Mount
- Optical Design: Refractor
- Aperture: 80mm (3.15″)
- Focal Length 480mm (19″)
- Focal Ratio: F/6
- Coating: fully multi-coated, XLT
- Eyepiece: 8-24 Zoom
- Power: 20-60X
- Eye Relief 18mm at X20
- Angular Field of View: 2° – 1°
- Optical Tube Length (with eyepiece): 505mm (19.9″)
- Optical Tube Weight (with eyepiece): 1.5kg (54.6 oz)
Celestron’s 80mm TrailSeeker spotting scope, features a 45 degrees viewing angle and the multi-coated optics has proprietary XLT coating that renders high resolution images. The 80mm TrailSeeker mounts on any photo tripod that has a standard 1/4″-20 thread mounting bolt.
The TrailSeeker offers numerous features normally found only in much higher priced spotting scope models, including coarse and fine focus, a sliding sunshade, rotating tripod mount, and an interchangeable eyepiece (so you can use any standard 1.25″ astronomy eyepiece). The sighting tube, on the left side of the tube, allows you to quickly get your spotting scope on target. The prism housing is protected by a layer of rubber to help protect the optics from shock. The eyepiece also has a twist up/down eye-cup, so you can adjust it for eyeglass wearers.
TheTrailSeeker 80 adapts easily to your SLR/DSLR camera, with a camera adapter accessory supplied. All you will need is a T-Ring (not included) for your camera type to attach it to the back of your spotting scope. This effectively turns your spotting scope into a F/6, 480mm telephoto lens.
- 80 mm Refractor Spotting Scope
- Fully Multi-Coated XLT optics
- Coarse and Fine Focus
- 45° viewing angle
- 20-60x zoom eyepiece
- Sight tube for quick targeting
- Soft carrying case, designed for spotting scope use with bag still on, for extra protection
- Limited Lifetime Warranty