- Sky-Watcher Star Adventurer Wide Field Astrophotography Mount (Basic Package) without EQ Wedge (tripod not included)
- Mount Type: Compact, light-weight, equatorial compound tracking platform
- Motor Drive: DC servo
- Wheel Gear: 86mm diameter, 144 teeth (aluminum alloy)
- Worm Gear: 13mm diameter, high tension brass
- Payload Capacity: 5kg (11 lbs)
- Polar Scope: Built in, with 7º field of view, along with illuminator accessory
- Tracking Rates: Sidereal (Star), ½ Sidereal, Lunar, and Solar (for use in both Northern and Southern Hemispheres)
- Time Lapse Photography: Complete 90º in 12 hour, 4 hour, or 2 hour cycle
- Power: 4, AA batteries DC 3.6V~6.5V (not included) or external USB power supply DC 5V
- Battery Duration: up to 72 hours continuous tracking with fresh, high quality alkaline AA batteries at 20º Celsius (may vary due to mount load and battery quality)
- Base Connection: 3/8″ threaded socket or 1/4″ with conversion adapter accessory (included)
- Dimensions: 17.3cm X 11.3cm X9.6cm
- Weight: 1kg
The Sky-Watcher Star Adventurer Wide Field Astrophotography Mount (basic package), without EQ Wedge, is a great, light-weight, tracking platform for astrophotographers! This a well built piece of kit that gets you doing astrophotography at a reasonable price. The Basic Package can be expanded with the purchase of an EQ Wedge, Mounting Assembly, and Counter Weight accessory. You can also save some money by buying the complete Photo or Astro Package to get the most out of this compact astrophotography unit right from the start, complete with the additional accessories included in each package.
To attach your DSLR Camera to the Star Adventurer you will need a ball tripod head (not included) with a 3/8″ connector (if your ball tripod head has a 1/4″ connector you will need a bushing-adapter for 3/8″). Please ensure you get a solid, ball tripod head, to match the quality of this product, and avoid anything too light weight. We recommend you mount it on a heavy duty camera tripod, like the Professional Camera Tripod 4, so you can do long exposure astrophotography shots. You can also take a manual controlled telescope mount, like an EQ3, and attach the Star Adventurer with the 40mm Vixen Dovetail Bar that it comes with, and you’ve turned it into a tracking mount. Whether you want a tracking mount to take pictures of deep space that show the Milky Way or you want a nice panning mount, the Star Adventurer is what you’re looking for.
For photography, the Sky-Watcher Star Adventurer allows you to set up for horizontal or vertical rotation time lapse photography, depending how you mount it to the tripod. Within it’s 90º swing, you can set it to do time lapse photography for 12, 4, or 2 hours. You also have two buttons that allow you access to higher speeds for positioning the mount.
The Star Adventurer either comes with a standard N3 shutter release cable for Canon Rebel EOS DSLR cameras or with other cables available for other camera models if requested by the customer (when you order we’ll get in touch with you to ensure you get the right cable). Available cable options include:
1) Canon (E3) for any model compatible with E3-type remote control terminal. Canon EOS 100D, 300D/350D, 400D/450D, 500D/550D, 600D/650D, 700D, 60D/60Da, and 70D
2) Canon (N3) for any model compatible with N3-type remote control terminal. Canon EOS 7D/6D/5D series, 1D series, 1V, 10D, 20D, 30D, 40D, and 50D.
3) Nikon (10-Pin) for any model compatible with 10-pin (MC-20, MC-22, MC-30, MC-36) remote terminal . Nikon D1/D2/D3/D4 series, and D200/D300/D700/D800 series.
4) Nikon (DC1) for any model compatible with MC-DC1 remote terminal for Nikon D80 and D70S.
5) Nikon (DC2) for any model compatible with MC-DC2 remote terminal NIKON D90, D600, D3000/D5000 series, and D7000.
6) Olympus (UC1) for any model with RM-UC1 remote terminal. OLYMPUS E-series (E620/550), PEN series (E-PL2/PL3), and SP-series (SP 590/570)
7) Sony (S1) for any model with S1-type remote terminal. SONY a100, a200, a300, a350, 450, a550, a560, a700, a850, and a900; Minolta/Konica a-7 Digital, a Sweet 5, a807si, a-9, Damige 7Hi/7i, and a-7
- Comes with Detailed Manual so you can get the most out of this product
- Tracking rate selectable between Sidereal, ½ Sidereal, Solar and Lunar
- Built in polar scope with illuminator
- DSLR interface for automatic shutter control
- Built-in auto-guiding interface for single axis auto-guiding
- Low power consumption
- External Mini USB power support
- Compatible with 3/8″ and 1/4″ camera tripod thread
- Lifetime free firmware upgrade
- Included shutter release cable for Canon Rebel EOS DSLR cameras. Optional cable available for other camera models. Multiple pre-programmed speeds for time lapse photography