This telescope is currently on back-order and will be available again in early 2021.
- Celestron NexStar 8 SE Schmidt-Cassegrain Telescope on Computerized GoTo Alt-Azimuth Mount
- Diameter: 203.2mm (8″)
- Focal Length: 2032mm
- F/Ratio: F/10
- Finder Scope: StarPointer
- Star Diagonal: 1.25″
- Eye Piece: 1.25″, 25mm
- Magnification: X81 (25mm)
- Light Gathering Power: 843X
- Limiting Stellar Magnitude: 14
The largest of the NexStar SE family with 78% more light gathering than a 6″ model, the NexStar 8 SE will enable you to see deep into the Universe. The distinctive patented fork arm with ergonomically designed integrated hand control cradle gives solid support to Celestron’s classic 8″ optics. The NexStar 8 SE features Schmidt-Cassegrain 8″ aperture optics with our premium StarBright XLT coatings, powerful 2,032mm focal length and an f/10 focal ratio. The NexStar 8 SE has all the same features as Celestron’s most advanced computerized GoTo telescopes, including our revolutionary SkyAlign™ alignment technology, a sky tour feature, a database of nearly 40,000 celestial objects and easy to use hand control.
In the tradition of Celestron’s famous orange optical tubes, the new NexStar SE Family combines the classic heritage of the original orange tube telescopes with state-of-the-art features including a fully computerized operating system, flash upgradeable hand control, our superior StarBright XLT coatings, our revolutionary SkyAlign™ telescope alignment software and much more.
This mount can be powered either with batteries (not included) or with an accessory cord (sold separately), a recommended purchase for longer observing sessions) to get power either from a power pack or outlet .
- 203.2mm Schmidt-Cassegrain telescope
- SE combines the classic heritage of the original orange tube telescopes with the latest state-of-the-art features
- StarBright XLT high transmission coatings come standard
- StarPointer finderscope to help with alignment and accurately locating objects
- Internal flip mirror for convenient viewing at 90 degrees or imaging straight through (with optional adapter).
- Quick release fork arm mount, optical tube and accessory tray for no-tool setup
- Sturdy computerized Alt-Azimuth mount
- Internal battery compartment
- Ultra sturdy steel tripod features built-in wedge which allows 8 SE to be used for astrophotography
- Proven NexStar computer control technology
- Nearly 40,000 object database with 200 user-definable objects and expanded information on over 200 objects
- SkyAlign allows for a fast and easy alignment process
- Flash upgradeable hand control software and motor control units for downloading product updates over the Internet
- Includes a camera control feature and shutter release cable that allows you to remotely take a series of exposures using your digital SLR camera
- Custom database lists of all the most famous deep-sky objects by name and catalog number; the most beautiful double, triple and quadruple stars; variable stars; solar system objects and asterisms
- DC Servo motors with encoders on both axes
- Double line, 16-character Liquid Crystal Display Hand Control with backlit LED buttons for easy operation of goto features
- NexRemote telescope control software and RS-232 cable included for advanced control of your telescope via computer
Free shipping or pick-up in the Greater Victoria Area. For customers outside the Greater Victoria Area, please contact us for shipping arrangements to order this product, owing to the size of this telescope and mount.