- Celestron Hummingbird Fast Action Pan Tilt Head Tripod
- Tripod Length: 600-1750mm (23.6-68.9″)
- Folded Down, Carrying Length: 610mm (24″)
- Tripod Weight: 1750 g (61.7 oz)
- Maximum Payload: 5kg (11lbs)
Celestron’s Hummingbird Fast Action Pan Tilt Head Tripod is an excellent choice for those seeking a lightweight, yet stable platform for spotting scopes, binoculars, or cameras. With four leg sections, three leg angles, and an adjustable center column, the tripod can be set in multiple configurations to get the exact height or stance needed for your terrain and conditions. Use the panning handle and tension knob to scan across the horizon in smooth motions, and follow your subject as it moves. The Hummingbird is the perfect tripod for any outdoor excursion from bird watching to stargazing and everything in between.
Quick-Release Mounting Plate
Attach a wide range of optical and photographic equipment to your Hummingbird tripod in seconds with the quick-release mounting plate. This broad, square platform with protective padding is ideal for attaching binocular adapters, spotting scope mounting feet, camera gear, and more. The mounting plate can adjust forward or backward depending on your preference and to find the perfect weight balance point.
To up your viewing game, the platform also tilts up to 90° with a lock knob to secure it in place at any angle. For peace of mind, the quick-release plate has a safety mechanism that prevents it from sliding completely out of the pan head without pushing the release button.
Telescoping Center Column
The center column of the Hummingbird tripod can be extended to raise the tripod head when additional height is needed. To adjust the center column, twist the lock-knob and move the center column to the desired height. The maximum height when the tripod is fully extended is just under 69”.
At the bottom of the center column, there is a ¼ – 20” mounting stud to attach a camera to achieve a unique angle when viewing or imaging.
Adjustable Tripod Leg Angles
Each leg of the Hummingbird tripod can be set at two different fixed angles as well as a fully extended position. Each leg has a leg angle adjustment latch, which is located at the top of the tripod leg, that allows you to lay the leg flat on a surface. There is also a bubble leveler to ensure the tripod is level at any level and extension.
Protective Carrying Case
Take your tripod anywhere in its soft woven case, with its comfortable shoulder strap. When not in use, the case is the perfect place to store your tripod.
- A stable-yet-lightweight, versatile, and easy-to-use tripod perfect for just about any application
- Smoothly pan the horizon or tilt the viewing angle up and down with two directional adjustments—even flip your optic sideways
- Customize the configuration of your tripod to fit any viewing conditions: four leg sections and three leg angles allow the tripod to work with virtually any user or terrain
- Extendable center column provides even more height when needed
- Includes a specially designed, protective carrying care for storage and transport
- Quick-release mounting plate allows you to attach your optic to the tripod in seconds and switch between optics with ease