- Celestron Hummingbird 56mm, angled viewing, without Mount
- Optical Design: Refractor
- Aperture: 56mm (2.2″)
- Focal Length: 200mm
- Coating: fully multi-coated
- Eyepiece: 9-27X Zoom
- Power: 9-27X
- Eye Relief 15mm
- Close Focus: 3m (10′)
- Angular Field of View: 4.22 °- 1.9°
- Waterproof: Yes (Nitrogen filled interior)
- Optical Tube Weight: 590g (20.81 oz)
The Celestron Hummingbird is a “micro” spotting scope that redefines portability for someone who wants a spotting scope handy, but don’t always want to lug around larger spotting scopes every time they go out. It’s ideally travel, fitting easily into a pocket, shoulder bag, or your carry-on luggage. This spotting scope is perfect for traveling birders, who are looking for a more travel-friendly alternative to a full-size spotting scope or binoculars of unusual size.
The ease with which this micro spotting scope fits in the hand makes it even usable hand-held at its lowest magnification. For medium and higher magnifications you’ll want to use a light tripod, monopod, window mount, or brace it against something for stability. Smaller tripods work very well for this tiny spotting scope.
The Waterproof / Nitrogen filled construction of the Hummingbird spotting scope will keep it protected against wet weather, humid conditions, and other environmental challenges. The durable armor works to keep the Hummingbird protected against bumps and jolts both during transport and in the field.
- Easily carried in vest or coat pocket, in belt pack, or shoulder bag.
- 9-27x magnification range bridges gap between binoculars and spotting scopes
- 3 meters /10 ft. close focus satisfies birding field optic requirements.
- Waterproof / Nitrogen filled — Protected against wet weather, humid conditions, and other environmental challenges.