- Sky-Watcher Newtonian Reflector (Parabolic) on Dobsonian Mount
- Recommend for: FIRST TIME BUYER
- Diameter: 150mm
- Focal Length: 750mm
- Secondary Mirror Diameter: 48mm
- F/Ratio: F/5
- Finder Scope: red dot finder
- Focuser: 1.25″ Helical
- Eye Pieces: 1.25″ barrelled Super 25mm (X30) and 10mm (X75)
In 1668, Sir Isaac Newton invented the first reflector telescope. By using mirrors instead of optical lenses, Newton was able to increase the aperture of his telescope while reducing the overall size of the tube, leading to brighter views of the night sky. The Heritage 150 pays homage to this design by honoring some of the great astronomers throughout history: Galileo, Messier, Kepler, and Newton, among others. By using a lightweight 150mm parabolic primary mirror and a smooth, manual azimuth mount, this telescope is the perfect blend of portability and aperture, just as Newton intended.
Collecting 363% more light than the human eye and 44% more light than the 130mm model, the Heritage 150 uses the same optics as our Classic 150P Dobsonian, but at a fraction of the size and cost. Each mirror is constructed of durable borosilicate glass, with a quartz overcoat, before we add our signature Metallic High-Transmission Coatings (MHTC)™. The optical tube uses a unique truss tube system that allows it to be collapsed for easy portability and storage while still retaining collimation. If you’re looking for a grab-and-go travel telescope that delivers a bold, full size viewing experience, look no further than the Heritage 150.
Its lightweight azimuth base uses Teflon bearing for smooth, accurate slewing and has an altitude locking knob for steady viewing. The base also features skid resistant, vibration suppressing rubber feet, which minimizes vibration while allowing the telescope to be setup virtually anywhere with minimal vibration, making this telescope the perfect camping companion.
- Large 150mm aperture delivers crisp, contrast-rich views of the moon, planets, and so much more
- Fast f/5 focal ratio, 750mm focal length
- Borosilicate parabolic primary mirror with Sky-Watcher’s proprietary Metallic High-Transmission Coatings (MHTC)™
- Collapsible truss-tube design retains collimation while providing increased portability and easy storage
- 1.25-inch helical focuser
- Tabletop design with rubber feet to minimize vibration and increased stability
Free shipping or pick-up in the Greater Victoria Area.