- Aperture: 70mm (2.76″)
- Magnification: 20x
- Eye Relief : 19.5mm (0.77″)
- Apparent Field of View (deg): 3°
- Near Focus: 100m (328.1’ ft)
- Prisms: BAK-4 Porro Prisms
- Optical Coatings: XLT Coatings Fully Multi-Coated
- Water Proof: Yes
- Fog Proof: Nitrogen Filled
Celestron’s large-aperture Echelon series binoculars have high quality Japanese optics and are designed for use in low light conditions. It also allows you to individually focus each of the eyepieces to best fit your vision needs. This is an outstanding pair of binoculars for long range, whether you’re out on your deck overlooking wildlife at the lake or observing the night sky. With an exit pupil of 3.5 mm, these binoculars deliver an amazing amount of light, allowing you to see the most detail possible. With binoculars this large you’ll want to mount them on a tripod (like the Professional Camera Tripod 4) to hold them steady. You can also attach your binoculars to a camera tripod with this binocular tripod adapter (sold separately).
Superb Optical Quality
Celestron Echelon binoculars sport high quality 70 mm objective lenses made in Japan. Superior BaK-4 prisms were chosen for maximum contrast and sharpness, and all air-to-glass surfaces are multi-coated with Celestron’s proprietary XLT optical coatings—the same high transmission coatings used on our observatory-grade telescopes to increase contrast and resolution.
Each Echelon binocular housing is made of aluminum alloy, to keep them strong yet lightweight, an important factor when considering a big binocular purchase. Durable rubber armor covers the aluminum housing for a slip-free grip and protection against the occasional bump or ding. These binoculars are fully waterproof and are nitrogen-purged to seal the optics against fog, dew, and other forms of moisture. This means you can use your Echelon binocular in damp conditions without having to pack up and call it a day when unexpected weather makes an appearance.
Includes Waterproof Hard Case
Echelon binoculars come with a high quality waterproof hard case for ultimate protection against dust, moisture, and rough handling. A molded foam insert cradles the binoculars perfectly, keeping them safe and sound no matter where your journeys take you!
Echelon binoculars use an individual eye focus system, enabling you to rotate each eyepiece to set the proper focus for your right and left eye. Once set, you should be able to use your binoculars at a moment’s notice and focus sharply at infinity, the normal distance desired for long-range observations. Should you wish to share your binocular with others, it is fast and simple to adjust the focus for their vision requirements.
Extended Eye Relief
The Celestron 20×70 Echelon Binoculars have 19.5 mm of eye relief, making them comfortable for all users, whether they wear eyeglasses or not. The rubber eyecups position your eyes at the perfect distance from the optics for a full field of view.
Echelon binoculars are easily attached to a photographic tripod for extended observing sessions. A binocular tripod adapter (sold separately) is used to make the connection between the binoculars and a standard tripod, and is especially helpful for vibration-free observations of the night sky.
- Enjoy low light observing with these large-aperture 70 mm binoculars. Their 3.5 mm exit pupil allows you to see amazing detail, even in the shadows. Also great for astronomy!
- Fully waterproof for protection against the elements and nitrogen-purged to prevent internal fogging,
- High quality Japanese optics, assembled in the US, using Celestron’s proprietary XLT coating technology for superior optical performance.
- Includes a durable, waterproof hard case for protection.
- Tripod adaptable for long observing sessions or when you want to share the view with others.