- Battery Capacity: 158.74 Wh
- Charging Input: 16VDC @ 2000mA
- Charge Time (from flat): 6 hours
- Telescope Output: 12VDC @ 5000mA, Tip positive
- Car Battery Adapter Port: 12VDC @ 10A, Tip positive
- USB Charging Port 1 Output: 5VDC @ 2100mA
- USB Charging Port 2 Output: 5VDC Quick Charge
- Light Panel: Red or White with two brightness settings for each color
- Weatherproof/Dustproof: IP-65 rating
- Telescope Power Cord: 2 meters (6.5 feet) with connector for Celestron telescopes
- Product Dimensions: 22.22cm (8.75”) x 15.24cm (6”) X 10.15cm (4″)
- Product Weight: 2.04kg (4.5lbs)
The new Celestron PowerTank Lithium Pro is a valuable accessory for owners of electronic telescope mounts, who value portability. The Lithium Phosphate (LiFePO4) battery chemistry has significant advantages over other battery chemistries. The new pro version offers twice the battery capacity of the original PowerTank Lithium power pack.
PowerTank Lithium Pro features the right ports and connections to accommodate a variety of devices. You’ll find a 12V DC 5A telescope power port (Celestron cable included), a 12V DC 10A car battery adapter port, and two 5V DC USB ports – one 2.1 A and one that supports rapid charging.
The power pack’s extremely portable form factor means it can go anywhere from a remote dark sky location for astrophotography to a weekend of camping. When it’s powering your telescope, use the included straps to secure the unit to your tripod leg where it is out of the way.
One side of the unit features a strip of LED lighting in both bright white and red. This turns the unit into a convenient safety light during star parties or a work lamp to clean up your observing area when the night is done. You can even use it as a bright emergency light during a power failure and illuminate an entire room of your home.
PowerTank Lithium Pro can also travel with you on your next vacation. At 158.74 Wh, it meets current FAA regulations (160Wh) from transportation in your carry-on baggage. Please check in advance with your airline to verify they do not have stricter policies.
Advantages of Celestron’s LiFePO4 Battery
Powered by Celestron’s Lithium Iron Phosphate (LiFePO4)battery, PowerTank Lithium Pro is smaller, lighter, and safer than sealed lead acid batteries. The technology is also more environmentally-friendly since it does not use toxic heavy metals.
PowerTank Lithium Pro’s LiFePO4 chemistry holds up to 2000 charge cycles and has an un-recharged shelf life up to 10 years. That means you won’t have to remember to recharge your battery every few months like with a sealed lead acid battery. Its large, 17-hour capacity and lack of maintenance make PowerTank Lithium Pro the ideal choice for an emergency kit.
- Extra-large capacity portable power pack featuring Celestron’s LiFePO4 battery technology
- Powers your telescope for up to 17 hours
- USB device charging supports QuickCharge 2/3 and Adaptive Fast Charge to give you the fastest device charging possible
- Features 2 USB ports for charging other devices, plus a 12V car battery adapter port
- LED light panel provides bright white or red LED illumination for up to 25 hours
- Perfect for astronomy, camping, emergency kits, anywhere you need portable power
- Meets current FAA regulations for carry-on baggage
This combined with it’s rugged design make it the perfect outdoor power supply.
Keep your telescopes, smartphones, tablets, GPS systems, cameras and other USB-powered devices as active as you are with PowerTank Lithium—the ideal outdoor portable-charging solution for your electronic gear.