This telescope will be available again in 2021.
- Celestron Advanced VX 203mm (7.99″) Schmidt-Cassegrain Telescope on Computerized GoTo Equatorial Mount
- Diameter: 203mm (8″)
- Focal Length: 2032mm
- F/Ratio: F/10
- Finder Scope: 9×50 Finderscope
- Star Diagonal: 1.25″
- Eye Piece: 40mm
- Magnification: X51 (40mm eyepiece)
- Light Gathering Power: 841X
- Limiting Stellar Magnitude: 14
- Optical Tube Length: 432mm (17″)
- Optical Tube Weight: 5.9 kg (13lbs)
- Tripod Weight: 5.9 kg (13lbs)
- Counterweight: 1 X 5.44kg (12lbs)
The Advanced VX 203mm (7.99”) Schmidt-Cassegrain Telescope is an excellent astro-imaging package. It combines the groundbreaking new Advanced VX mount with Celestron’s best optics, the EdgeHD optical system. This setup offers the astro-imager maximum versatility – allowing up to 3 different f-stop configurations. Users can attach a camera to the rear of the telescope and shoot at f/10, or attach our 8-inch focal reducer and shoot at f/7. Additionally, EdgeHD is Fastar/Hyperstar compatible, giving imagers the option to shoot at ultra-fast f/2. No matter which configuration you choose, EdgeHD technology gives you pinpoint stars all the way to the edge of the CCD sensor.
The new Advanced VX mount was specifically designed to provide optimum imaging performance for smaller telescopes. Now your smaller telescope can take advantage of All-Star Polar Alignment and autoguider support. You’ll be able to track through long exposures using permanently programmable periodic error correction. Image across the meridian without doing a meridian flip, so you can seamlessly image the best part of night sky. Advanced VX features significantly larger base castings than our previous design, improving stability under heavier loads. Improved motors offer more torque and can handle slight load imbalances with ease.
- 203mm (7.99”) f/10 Edge HD SCT includes StarBright XLT coatings for better light transmission
- Edge HD optical design fully corrects for coma and field curvature, delivering a truly flat field
- Built-in tube vents with integrated 60 micron mesh filters allow hot air to be released behind the primary mirror
- Fastar compatible tube comes with removable secondary mirror for fast f/2.8 imaging
- Autoguider port for long exposure imaging
- Parabolic primary mirror minimizes spherical aberration to produce a better image
- Integer gear ratios and permanently programmable Periodic Error Correction eliminates recurring track errors from the worm gear
- New motors offer improved tracking performance & provide more power to overcome load imbalances
- Updated industrial design offers more rigidity, less flexure and improved aesthetics
- New design allows viewing or imaging across the meridian without interference from the motors housings
- Improved latitude range, can be used between 7 – 77 degrees latitude
- Improved electronics contain increased memory for future expansion
- NexStar+ hand control offers multiple language programming (English, French, Italian, German, Spanish)
Celestron Two-Year Telescope Warranty!
Free shipping or pick-up in the Greater Victoria Area. For customers outside the Greater Victoria Area, please contact us for shipping arrangements to order this product, owing to the size of this telescope and mount.