This telescope will be available again in early 2021.
- Celestron Advanced VX 150mm (5.91″) Refractor Telescope on Computerized GoTo Equatorial Mount
- Diameter: 150mm (5.91″)
- Focal Length: 1200mm
- F/Ratio: F/8
- Finder Scope: 9×50 Finderscope
- Focuser Diameter: designed for both 1.25″ and 2″ accessories
- Eye Piece: 20mm
- Magnification: X60 (20mm eyepiece)
- Light Gathering Power: 459X
- Limiting Stellar Magnitude: 13.4
- Optical Tube Length: 1295mm (36″)
- Optical Tube Weight: 8.62kg (19lbs)
- Tripod Weight: 8.16 kg (18lbs)
- Counterweights: 2 X 5.44kg (12lbs)
For those new to astronomy and astro-imaging, the Advanced VX 150mm (6”) Refractor Telescope is an excellent entry-level setup that can grow with you. For planetary imaging and brighter deep-sky objects, many astrophotographers say there’s no better choice than a refractor. Unlike Schmidt-Cassegrain or Newtonian telescopes that have a secondary mirror, refractors offer no obstruction of the aperture, giving you the highest possible contrast.
The new Advanced VX mount was specifically designed to provide optimum imaging performance for smaller telescopes. Now your smaller telescope can take advantage of All-Star Polar Alignment and autoguider support. You’ll be able to track through long exposures using permanently programmable periodic error correction. Image across the meridian without doing a meridian flip, so you can seamlessly image the best part of night sky. Advanced VX features significantly larger base castings than our previous design, improving stability under heavier loads. Improved motors offer more torque and can handle slight load imbalances with ease.
- 150mm (5.91”) f/8 optical design gives excellent wide field views
- 2” Focuser allows use with 2” and 1.25” barreled accessories
- Autoguider port for long exposure imaging
- Parabolic primary mirror minimizes spherical aberration to produce a better image
- Integer gear ratios and permanently programmable Periodic Error Correction eliminates recurring track errors from the worm gear
- New motors offer improved tracking performance & provide more power to overcome load imbalances
- Updated industrial design offers more rigidity, less flexure and improved aesthetics
- New design allows viewing or imaging across the meridian without interference from the motors housings
- Improved latitude range, can be used between 7 – 77 degrees latitude
- Improved electronics contain increased memory for future expansion
- NexStar+ hand control offers multiple language programming (English, French, Italian, German, Spanish)
Celestron Two-Year Telescope Warranty!
Free shipping or pick-up in the Greater Victoria Area. For customers outside the Greater Victoria Area, please contact us for shipping arrangements to order this product, owing to the size of this telescope and mount.