- Celestron 20-60X 60mm UpClose Spotting Scope, with 45° angle viewing
- Optical Design: Refractor
- Aperture: 60mm (2.36″)
- Focal Length 341mm (13″)
- Focal Ratio: F/5.68
- Coating: multi-coating
- Power: 20-60X
- Eye Relief 15-11mm
- Optical Tube Length: 345mm (13.6″)
- Optical Tube Weight: 652g (23oz)
The 60mm Waterproof UpClose Spotting Scope is a very economical choice for bird watching, nature or wildlife observation, hunting, and enjoying scenic views. The 45° diagonal allows for more comfortable viewing angles through the eyepiece. This scope is extremely lightweight, and comes with both a soft case and an aluminum case. The quality optics come at low price and have a Limited Lifetime Warranty.
- Focus knob: the scope’s focusing knob is located at the top right front of the prism housing to allow precise focusing with either hand, even while wearing gloves or mittens. It is semi-recessed to resist snagging on clothing or carrying case and is grooved for a sure grip. Magnification is changed by turning a ring at the base of the eyepiece.
- Tripod: the metal tabletop/car-top tripod is standard equipment. It has a standard 1/4″-20 thread mounting bolt that threads into the tripod mount hole on the underside of the scope to hold the scope firmly in place. Twisting the pan handle locks and unlocks the tripod head, allowing you to move the scope in any direction, allowing you to track moving targets. Another twist of handle will lock the scope in place for extended viewing of fixed views. The tripod’s rubber-tipped feet allow you to use it on car’s roof without scuffing your paint. There is also an underside tripod mount for mounting your spotting scope on any full-size photo-tripod with a standard 1/4″-20 thread mounting bolt.
- Waterproof: while the Celestron 60mm zoom refractor is waterproof, it is not guaranteed to be fully submersible. If you get caught in the rain or sprayed by an ocean wave you should be fine, but it’s not meant for use underwater.
- Cases: a soft case is standard equipment. The aluminum frame hard carrying/storage case is also standard, to better protect your spotting scope. The objective lens and eyepiece are both protected by slip-on dust covers.
- Warranty: the Celestron 60mm refractor zoom spotting scope is protected by Celestron’s Lifetime No-Fault Warranty.