- Microscope Type: Handheld Digital
- Magnification: 20x-200x (depth of object viewed can limit magnification)
- Lens: 5 element IR Cut (Infrared reducing) high quality glass lens,
- Effective Focal Length: 15.8mm, image distortion: 0.10%, FOV: 13.0°
- Focus: Manual
- Illumination: Upper – 8 white adjustable LEDs (adjustment on USB cord)
- Digital Camera: 5MP CMOS Sensor
- Shutter Speed: 1 second to 1/1000 second
- Still Image Resolution: 5MP, 3MP, 1.3MP, VGA (12MP interpolation)
- Video Capture Resolution: VGA, 30fps
- Operating Systems supported: Windows: XP/Vista/7/8, Mac OSX 10.6 – 10.7
The Handheld Digital Microscope Pro is the next evolution of Celestron’s line of handheld digital microscopes. This easy-to-use microscope is perfect for viewing stamps, coins, and other small objects at magnifications up to 200x and comes with a height adjustable stand. The Handheld Digital Microscope Pro is extremely versatile — either use it in handheld mode to view large object surfaces and access tight spaces or you can use the included adjustable stand for smaller objects. Best of all, you can view the images from the Handheld Digital Microscope Pro directly on your PC using the provided software, and save the 5MP images or 30fps video to your hard drive.
The Handheld Digital Microscope Pro comes with adjustable height stand, Celestron Micro Capture Pro Software CD (with measuring feature), Calibration Ruler, and instructions manual (paper and CD). This is a great digital microscope for hobbyists and professionals who need to examine tools and parts, but need a few more mega pixels of detail than other handheld microscopes. For teachers it’s a great show and tell opportunity to plug this into your smart board for the whole class to see. It can also be placed on a stack of books, with the microscope swung away from the viewing platform, and used as a document camera. The camera/video trigger is located on the USB cord (previous models had it located on the actual microscope, which could cause shaky pictures. The best option is to take images, using mouse clicks on your computer software interface, to limit vibrations of magnified images.
- Adjustable-Height Stand
Allows for hands-free operation. Makes looking at different sized objects easier. Platform has clips for holding slides
Connect to a Mac or Windows PC to capture photos, measure specimens, and more.
20x to 200x powers, great for low-power observation of 3D specimens. (Note: Final magnification determined by monitor size.)
- Capture Stills and Videos
Once you’ve set up a perfect shot, the Handheld Digital Microscope Pro’s built-in 5 Mega Pixel sensor helps you take a vibrant, high resolution photo of what you see on your computer screen. Also records short video of your microscopic discoveries.
2-year Microscope Warranty