- Aperture: 50mm (1.97″)
- Magnification: 10x
- Eye Relief : 17mm (0.67″)
- Exit Pupil: 5mm (0.19″)
- Angular Field of View (deg): 6.5°
- Near Focus: 2.5 m (8.2’ ft)
- Prisms: BAK-4 Roof Prisms
- Optical Coatings: Fully Multi-Coated
- Water Proof: Yes
- Weight: 802g (28.3 oz)
Celestron’s Granite ED Series Roof Prism Binoculars represent the rock solid binocular design, ultra-high performance glass and reliable construction, at an affordable price. The ED lenses ensure that each wavelength of light is kept in balance with all the others to provide an image which is true-to-life. They are also useful in low light situations helping you to pick out details in subjects in dense brush even at dawn and dusk. They stand up well against the much more expensive European and higher end Japanese manufactured binoculars at a fraction of their cost. For extended viewing sessions you can also attach your binoculars to a camera tripod with this binocular tripod adapter (sold separately).
Granite Binoculars feature ED (Extra-Low Dispersion) glass, delivering edge-to-edge sharpness with excellent color correction and razor sharp images, while virtually eliminating chromatic aberration. Coupled with fully broadband multi-coatings the optical design delivers crisp, high contrast images with accurate color reproduction for unrivaled image quality superior to standard optical glass. The Phase Coated Prisms correct out-of-phase shifts of light rays to ensure maximum contrast, while providing superb natural color fidelity and vivid color saturation. High grade BaK-4 prism glass renders sharp images and the reflectivity coatings increases the throughput transmission to provide bright images that are rich in detail.
The state-of-the-art modern open frame style provides an excellent grip and is comfortable to handle (even single handed), with the reduced weight. The body is made of magnesium alloy which is lighter than aluminum, but more rugged and tough for outdoor use. The Metal Twist Up Eye cups are more durable than plastic eye cups. Less susceptible to breaking. Twist-up eye cups for correct positioning of the users eyes for comfortable viewing with or without eyeglasses. The waterproof construction provides peace of mind when unexpected weather rolls in. The housing is filled with dry nitrogen gas to prevent the internal lenses from fogging, when moving between extreme temperatures or when using the binocular in damp conditions. Limited Lifetime Warranty.
- Fully Multi-Coated for enhanced light transmission
- BaK-4 Prisms with High Reflectivity and Vivid Colors
- Comes with Neck strap, Harness strap, Objective lens caps, Rain Guard, Carrying Case, Lens Cloth, and Instruction Manual
- Metal construction in the Focus Knob, Diopter Ring, and Twist-Up Eyecups for long life and precision movement
- Waterproof and Fogproof – nitrogen purged to prevent internal fogging in all weather conditions
- Eco-Friendly – lead and arsenic free