- Celestron CPC Deluxe 800 HD Schmidt-Cassegrain Telescope on Computerized GoTo Alt-Azimuth Mount
- Diameter: 203.2mm (8″)
- Focal Length: 2032mm
- F/Ratio: F/10
- Finder Scope: 8×50 Finderscope with quick release bracket
- Star Diagonal: 1.25″
- Eye Piece: 1.25″, 40mm
- Magnification: X51 (40mm)
- Light Gathering Power: 843X
- Limiting Stellar Magnitude: 14
The CPC Deluxe 800 HD combines Celestron’s newly designed fork mount with its new EdgeHD optical system and is the most portable of Celestron’s top-of-the-line fork-mounted astronomical telescopes. This telescope is at home as a superb visual instrument or with optional Pro Wedge and CCD cameras, as a serious astro imager’s tool. With over 203.2mm (8″) of aperture and our premium StarBright XLT coatings, the CPC Deluxe 800 HD gives you over 800 times the light gathering power than the unaided eye. Turn this scope to planets and see amazing detail on the surface of Jupiter; see Cassini’s Division in the rings of Saturn, and resolve details on the surface of Mars. Although large in aperture, with its conveniently located carrying handles and an instrument weight of only 43 lbs, this telescope is portable enough to set up in your backyard or take with you to your favorite dark sky location.
The EdgeHD optical system combines all of the compact power popularized by the SCT with an improved high definition optical system for wide field, astrograph quality images. As a visual instrument, EdgeHD optics deliver pinpoint images even with your widest field eyepiece. You can search for all of the Messier Catalog objects, and see hundreds of other NGC, IC and Caldwell objects with amazing clarity. For astrophotography, EdgeHD optics produce aberration-free images across your favorite CCD or DSLR camera. All EdgeHD optics are designed to produce an extremely flat focal plane precise enough to match the strict tolerances of the largest commercial CCD detectors, allowing stars to be in tight focus to the very edge of the chip.
- 203.2mm (8″) EdgeHD Optics
- Celestron’s premium StarBright XLT coatings
- Fully computerized dual fork arm Altazimuth mount
- 50 mm finderscope to help accurately find objects
- Heavy-duty tripod makes attaching the telescope so easy you can do it in the dark; also features sturdy 2″ stainless steel legs and accessory tray
- Ergonomic design allows you to comfortably lift and move the telescope from location to location
- Star diagonal provides a more comfortable viewing position when observing objects that are high in the sky
- Convenient remote hand control holder allows you to view information hands-free while using the scope
- Mirror Support Knobs hold the mirror in place and reduces image shift during imaging
Computerized Mount Features
- Proven NexStar computer control technology
- 40,000 object database with over 100 user-definable objects and expanded information on over 200 objects
- Custom database lists of all the most famous deep-sky objects by name and catalog number; the most beautiful double, triple and quadruple stars; variable stars; solar system objects and asterisms
- The CPC Deluxe HD Series’ internal GPS receiver automatically downloads the date and time from orbiting satellites and pinpoints its exact location on Earth. This eliminates the need for you to manually enter the date, time, longitude and latitude.
- Re-designed drive base and drive mechanics – quiet operation; large drive gears, quick release clutch
- SkyAlign allows you to align on any three bright celestial objects, making for a fast and easy alignment process
- Flash upgradeable hand control software and motor control units for downloading product updates over the Internet
- Permanent PEC
- Auxiliary port for additional accessories; such as Autoguider, GPS accessory
- NexRemote telescope control software and RS-232 cable included for advanced control of your telescope via computer
Free shipping or pick-up in the Greater Victoria Area. For customers outside the Greater Victoria Area, please contact us for shipping arrangements to order this product, owing to the size of this telescope and mount.