- Sky-Watcher BK MAK180 EQ6 Maksutov-Cassegrain Telescope with SynScan GPS on Computerized Equatorial Mount
- Diameter 180mm (7″)
- Focal Length 2700mm
- Finder Scope 8X50
- Focuser Diameter 1.25″ opening with 2″ adapter
- Diagonal: 2″ 90 deg. Diagonal with 1.25 inch adapter
- Eye Piece LET 2″-28mm
- Tube Weight 7.8kg
- Tube Dimensions: 21.6cm x 50cm
- Shipped in 3 boxes: 69x46x35 cm; 117x28x29 cm; 55x55x25 cm
The Sky-Watcher Maksutov-Cassegrains are the ultimate take-anywhere telescopes; ideal for travelers. As a catadioptric telescope they have both a lens and a mirror, taking advantage of the features of both types of optics. They are also ideal if working space is limited. The folded light path allows for a much shorter telescope than either a reflector or refractor of the same diameter. Despite their small dimensions they pack a powerful punch. Their High-Resolution, diffraction limited optical systems are multi-coated to maximize contrast and image sharpness. Whether your requirement is for terrestrial or astronomical use, these compact scopes are the perfect companion. Tube material: Aluminium.
The EQ6 Pro mounts use the same Go-To system found in the HEQ5– SynScan. It allows you to point the telescope at a specific object or even tour the skies at the touch of a button. The EQ6 Pro mounts are the perfect instrument for novice visual observers to enjoy astronomy with minimal setup time and in-depth knowledge of the night sky.
• Positioning Accuracy up to 1 arc minute. Accuracy enhanced by software collimation error (mount mechanical error) compensation.
• Stepper motors with 1.8° step angle and 32 micro steps driven.
• Slewing speed up to 3.4°/sec (800X).
• Guiding speed selectable from 0.25X, 0.50X, 0.75X, or 1X.
• Object database containing complete Messier, NGC, and IC catalogues.
• Periodic Error Correction.
• PC compatibility.
• Upgradeable hand control via internet download.
Free shipping or pick-up in the Greater Victoria Area. For customers outside the Greater Victoria Area, please contact us for shipping arrangements to order this product, owing to the size of this telescope and mount.