Sky-Watcher Spring Sale is on now! Sale ends March 30th.
- Sky-Watcher AZ-EQ6 SynScan GPS Heavy Duty Computerized Alt-Azimuth Equatorial Mount with GoTo (pictured telescopes not included)
- GoTo: SynScan
- Counter Weights: 5kgs X2
- Motor Drive: built in 1.8° Hybrid Stepper Motor
- Slewing Speed Maximum: up to 4.2°/sec (800x)
- Guiding Speed: 0.125x, 0.25x, 0.5x, 0.75x, 1x
- Power Supply: DC11~16V 4A
- Payload Capacity: 20kgs
- Tripod Height: 127 cm ( 50″)
- Tripod Weight: 7.5 kg, 2″ steel tripod
The Sky-Watcher AZ-EQ6 SynScan mount gives optimal stability and pointing accuracy for a wide variety of heavy professional photo and video equipment. This is a hybrid mount with not only the simplicity of alt-azimuth capability for general use, but equatorial capability for astrophotography. Equipped with a SynScan handset, with dual AZ/EQ firmware, it can automatically find and track 42,900+ celestrial objects from its database. The AZ-EQ6 SynScan is capable of carrying heavy-duty photographic equipment, for professional shooting and video recording.
For novice users the user-friendly menu allows automatic slewing to over 13,400 objects. Even an inexperienced astronomer can master its variety of features within a few observing sessions. The SynScan Hand Control also has the ability to connect to a computer via a RS-232 cable. Once the connection has been established between the computer and SynScan Hand Control, many commercially available planetarium software programs can be used to control the EQ6 PRO Mounts.
Freedom Find™ – tracking made easy!
With the patented Freedom Find (dual-encoder) technology which allows the telescope to be moved manually or electronically in either axis without losing its alignment or positional information. After moving to a new object the telescope will automatically begin to track the new object accurately. No re-setup is required in one observing session.
- German Equatorial / Alt-Az dual mode
- Permanent periodic error correction(PPEC). PPEC can be trained with Autoguider or PC.
- Belt drive – Super smooth PE curve. Low backlash, silent slewing.
- Shutter release control for batch exposures of astrophotography.
- Motor controller with high torque and accuracy.
- Include two dual-fit (45mm/75mm) saddle for mounting two telescopes.
- Improved reliable power supply outlet.
- New motor controller with higher torque and accuracy.
- Polar-alignment with polar-scope.
- Primary axis encoder tracks the mount’s position. Users can push the mount at any time without worrying about losing the mount’s alignment.
- Two Dual-fit Saddles
- Driving Resolution: Approximately 0.14 arc seconds
- DSLR Electronic Shutter Release Port and Autoguider Port
- PEC control in EQ mode
- Polar Alignment via supplied polar scope
- Alignment methods: 1, 2, or 3 star alignment (EQ) / brightest star or 2 star alignment (AZ)
- Telescope Connection: 2 x dual-fit saddle plates supplied accepting 45mm & 75mm dovetail bars
- RA/DEC Worm Gears: D=92.5mm, 180 teeth, brass
- RA/DEC Axes: D=40mm, steel
- Latitude Adjustment Range: 10o to 70o, 90o
- Azimuth Adjustment Range: About ± 9o
Free shipping or pick-up in the Greater Victoria Area. For customers outside the Greater Victoria Area, please contact us for shipping arrangements to order this product, owing to the size of this mount.