- Celestron Advanced VX Equatorial Mount, Computerized Equatorial Mount with GoTo
- Accessory Tray: eyepiece tray
- Counter Weight: 5.44kg (12lbs)
- Motor Drive: computerized motor drive with GoTo system
- Maximum Payload Capacity: 13.6kgs (30lbs)
- Tripod Weight: 8.16kg (18lbs)
- Tripod Maximum Height: 16.26 cm (64″)
- Tripod Minimum Height: 11.18 cm (44″)
- Tripod Leg Diameter: 5.04cm (2″) stainless steel legs
Celestron’s Advanced VX Mount is Engineered from the ground up with astrophotography in mind, this new mount sets a new standard for mid-level telescopes. Advanced VX provides you with many of the features found on Celestron’s most sophisticated German equatorial mounts, at an extremely affordable price.
The new Advanced VX mount was specifically designed to provide optimum imaging performance for smaller telescopes. Now your smaller telescope can take advantage of All-Star Polar Alignment and autoguider support. You’ll be able to track through long exposures using permanently programmable periodic error correction. Image across the meridian without doing a meridian flip, so you can seamlessly image the best part of night sky. Advanced VX features significantly larger base castings than our previous design, improving stability under heavier loads. Improved motors offer more torque and can handle slight load imbalances with ease.
Experienced imagers will love taking this portable mount to a dark sky site, with all the performance of their larger observatory mount. If you’re new to astrophotography, this mount will help you get started with the hobby and keep up with your needs for years to come.
- Holds a maximum payload of 13.6kgs (30lbs)
- Integer gear ratios and permanently programmable Periodic Error Correction eliminates recurring track errors from the worm gear.
- New motors offer improved tracking performance & provide more power to overcome load imbalances
- Updated industrial design offers more rigidity, less flexure, and improved aesthetics
- New design allows viewing or imaging across the meridian without interference from the motors housings
- Improved latitude range. Can be used between 7 – 77 degrees latitude.
- Improved electronics with increased memory for future expansion
- NexStar+ hand control offers multiple language programming (English, French, Italian, German, Spanish)
2-Year Celestron Telescope Warranty
Free shipping or pick-up in the Greater Victoria Area. For customers outside the Greater Victoria Area, please contact us for shipping arrangements to order this product, owing to the size of this mount.