Celestron Advanced VX Series Sale on until July 31st!
- Celestron Advanced VX 280mm (11″) Schmidt-Cassegrain Telescope on Computerized GoTo Equatorial Mount
- Diameter: 280mm (11″)
- Focal Length: 2800mm
- F/Ratio: F/10
- Finder Scope: 9×50 Finderscope
- Star Diagonal: 1.25″
- Eye Piece: 40mm
- Magnification: X70 (40mm eyepiece)
- Light Gathering Power: 1600X
- Limiting Stellar Magnitude: 14.7
- Optical Tube Length: 610mm (24″)
- Optical Tube Weight: 5.9 kg (13lbs)
- Tripod Weight: 12 kg (27lbs)
- Counterweights: 3 X 5.44kg (12lbs)
For those looking to step up to a 280mm (11″) optical tube, Advanced VX is a great option. Not only is it one of Celestron’s most affordable 11-inch telescopes, it is also one of the most portable. The Advanced VX mount is strong enough to support this optical tube assembly and a couple of small accessories, yet weighs far less than some of our other 11-inch telescope kits. As far as optics go, the 280mm (11″) SCT gathers 41% more light than the 235mm (9.25″) model. You also get our StarBright XLT coatings for even better light transmission.
The new Advanced VX mount was specifically designed to provide optimum imaging performance for smaller telescopes. Now your smaller telescope can take advantage of All-Star Polar Alignment and autoguider support. You’ll be able to track through long exposures using permanently programmable periodic error correction. Image across the meridian without doing a meridian flip, so you can seamlessly image the best part of night sky. Advanced VX features significantly larger base castings than our previous design, improving stability under heavier loads. Improved motors offer more torque and can handle slight load imbalances with ease.
- 280mm (11”) f/10 SCT includes StarBright XLT coatings for better light transmission
- Autoguider port for long exposure imaging
- Parabolic primary mirror minimizes spherical aberration to produce a better image
- Integer gear ratios and permanently programmable Periodic Error Correction eliminates recurring track errors from the worm gear
- New motors offer improved tracking performance & provide more power to overcome load imbalances
- Updated industrial design offers more rigidity, less flexure and improved aesthetics
- New design allows viewing or imaging across the meridian without interference from the motors housings
- Improved latitude range, can be used between 7 – 77 degrees latitude
- Improved electronics contain increased memory for future expansion
- NexStar+ hand control offers multiple language programming (English, French, Italian, German, Spanish)
Celestron Two-Year Telescope Warranty!
Free shipping or pick-up in the Greater Victoria Area. For customers outside the Greater Victoria Area, please contact us for shipping arrangements to order this product, owing to the size of this telescope and mount.